Who Am I?
Well hello! I’m Mandi Em- Your driver on the healthy life strugglebus.
This started off as a health blog based on my all natural postpartum weight loss successes (If you want to read more about that shit check it out here), however I am blogging less about that stuff and if you want to learn why I explain a little more here.
I have 3 kids and lost over 50 lbs after my last 2 pregnancies and wanted to present a more realistic picture about what getting healthy really looks like. My husband and I are also born again hippies and trying to get woke as fuck when it comes to living green and connecting to nature.
As time went on I found that I have passion for writing about all the struggles we have in common trying to be functional adults. So I’d love to give you some cookie cutter nonsense about “what I provide” or whatever but honestly its a mixed bag of grocery store nightmares, tales of reckless anxiety and ideas for gifts to give the family members you barely tolerate. However this space remains largely health/life focused, with the occasional recipe, rant and sappy personal story.
Long story short, I am a writer who is finding herself after many years of just taking care of other people. I started this blog after a particularly bad bout of postpartum depression and have been healed by humor and the community I have found. I have had my articles published on Scary Mommy, Sammiches and Psych Meds, Mock Mom, and Blunt Moms.
What the People Say!
Describing yourself can be such a fucking bore so I outsourced that shit. Besides, the only thing separating a good humblegrag from a GREAT humblebrag is getting it from the mouths of other people.
See what the people have to say!
- “Eats, Sleeps, and Breathes sarcasm (and occasionally salt); Not a fan of your shenanigans; Really loves her kids- and telling strangers to go fuck themselves”
- “#Relatable. Sometimes painfully so”
- “HLFHM is a sweetheart who goes above and beyond to not only provide incredible content, but also lend a helping hand to fellow bloggers”
- “Keeps it real”
- “Assertively Turbulent!”
- “Adroit, contumacious, and pulchritudinous–Once you start following her, you’ll never be the same again!”
- “HLFM is what you need in your life. Mandi gives you all the deets you need to lead a healthier lifestyle. Her sass and wit is sure to make you chuckle”
- “Quirky foodie, funny lady”
- “You swear a lot. It’s cute!”
- Fuck you! you are a terrible driver
What Glowing Endorsements! Now Follow Me Everywhere to Avoid the FOMO
Also feel free to Subscribe, tell your Mom to follow me, or drop me a line here: