Today I didn’t miss sugar at all.
One of the great things about undertaking a lifestyle/diet change is having the opportunities to experiment with new things. For me, experimenting with cooking healthy foods or healthy alternatives to things I already I like to eat helps keep me motivated an on track.
Diets are the worst. I do NOT want to feel like I am on one. No thank you.
When I am trying to make new recipes I like to look for inspiration but then ultimately do my own thing with what I have on hand. I have never made a recipe perfect due to not having enough ingredients etc. When I make my own recipes I barely use measurements at all. Due to this my recipes can taste different each time. This is something I would like to improve on.
I decided to try this because I love tacos, but wanted a lightened up version. I cooked it with a side of mexican rice and beans.
Enough rambling, its recipe time!
CLEAN EATING MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS
-Bell Peppers (approximately 5 depending on size)
-1 lb of ground beef
-1 cup of cooked quinoa
-4 tsp of chili powder
-5 tsp of cumin
-1 tsp of garlic salt
-1/2 tsp of oregano
-1/2 cup of water
1. Cook a batch of quinoa according to directions on package. Measure out 1 cup to use for this recipe. I made a batch and saved all but the 1 cup used for the recipe to add to future meals.
2. Cook ground beef until browned, then drain.
3. Mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and oregano.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
5. Add quinoa, seasoning mix and water to the pan of drained beef. mix well and simmer.
6. Cut up bell peppers into “boats”. Add ground beef mixture into these and top with cheese * (optional)
7. Cook in the oven 5-10 minutes (we prefer our peppers to be on the crisper side)
8. Garnish with sour cream or greek yogurt, avocado and pico de gallo.