Who Am I?
Well, Hello! I’m Mandi Em- Sweary Writer, Humor Blogger, Hot Mess Mom of 3.
This started off as a health blog based on my all natural postpartum weight loss successes (If you want to read more about that shit check it out here), however I am blogging less about that stuff and if you want to learn why I explain a little more here.
I have 3 kids and lost over 50 lbs after my last 2 pregnancies and wanted to present a more realistic picture about what getting healthy really looks like. My husband and I are also born again hippies and trying to get woke as fuck when it comes to living green and connecting to nature.
As time went on I found that I have passion for writing about all the struggles we have in common trying to be functional adults. So I’d love to give you some cookie cutter nonsense about “what I provide” or whatever but honestly its a mixed bag of grocery store nightmares, tales of reckless anxiety and ideas for gifts to give the family members you barely tolerate. However this space remains largely health/life focused, with the occasional recipe, rant and sappy personal story.
Long story short, I am a writer who is finding herself after many years of just taking care of other people. I started this blog after a particularly bad bout of postpartum depression and have been healed by humor and the community I have found.
I’m a regular contributor and Mock Mom editor for Sammiches and Psych Meds, and a regular contributor to Moms.com, Mommyish, and Filter Free Parents. I have also had my work featured on The New York Times, Hello Giggles, SheKnows, Scary Mommy, Romper, McSweeney’s, and The Belladonna Comedy.
What the People Say!
Describing yourself can be such a fucking bore so I outsourced that shit. Besides, the only thing separating a good humblegrag from a GREAT humblebrag is getting it from the mouths of other people.
See what the people have to say!
- “Eats, Sleeps, and Breathes sarcasm (and occasionally salt); Not a fan of your shenanigans; Really loves her kids- and telling strangers to go fuck themselves”
- “#Relatable. Sometimes painfully so”
- “HLFHM is a sweetheart who goes above and beyond to not only provide incredible content, but also lend a helping hand to fellow bloggers”
- “Keeps it real”
- “Assertively Turbulent!”
- “Adroit, contumacious, and pulchritudinous–Once you start following her, you’ll never be the same again!”
- “HLFM is what you need in your life. Mandi gives you all the deets you need to lead a healthier lifestyle. Her sass and wit is sure to make you chuckle”
- “Quirky foodie, funny lady”
- “You swear a lot. It’s cute!”
- Fuck you! you are a terrible driver
What Glowing Endorsements! Now Follow Me Everywhere to Avoid the FOMO
Also feel free to Subscribe, tell your Mom to follow me, or drop me a line here: